Monday, July 27, 2009

Young children, hot weather, hard work!

Whew! It is hot and humid here at Holden this week! An air conditioned room, (or even one with a fan!) sound heavenly! Thankfully it cools down at night so we all sleep well!

Narnia ha18 4-6 year olds today! Where do they get their energy? I'm tired! We hiked to the hobbit house in the woods. It is literally a tree trunk carved into a house. Really well done! Still getting to play for worship and have been singing in the choir! A retired St. Olaf prof is directing and he is marvelous. I've learned so much about vocal music and technique this past week! Jane Lien from Central Lutheran in Minneapolis is the other musician and brings great variety to worship! Last night we had a global worship eucharist service. It was packed!

The food is great we had an excellent veggie stir fry tonight --yum! I miss you all!
Take care!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if the hot weather I'd heard about in the Northwest was affecting you! I hope it cools down, this weather is very unusual for that area, I understand. So glad to hear that you're doing well!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen,

    So excited that you're there! I've been in New York for 10 days and hadn't checked up on you, but once Carl came out to join me, he got me connected again.

    In the week we were at Holden, we had weather from the 90's down to the 30's! You should get some variety, I think.

    I know you will be working hard, but good work with delightful kids makes for a fulfilling exhaustion--if there is such a thing.

    It makes me so happy to hear that you have been playing for vespers. What a gift you bring to the community!

    We keep you in our prayers as we picture exactly where you are. May each moment bless you!

    Love,

    Petey (for Carl, too)

    ReplyDelete