Monday, August 10, 2009

Abriendo Caminos



This week at Holden Village we are celebrating Abriendo Caminos and have mostly spanish speaking families in the village. What an adjustment. Everyone is really nice but I don't speak any spanish and there are communication problems with some of our younger Narnia kids. We also have a serious autistic 10 year old that doesn't follow directions as well as 24 other kids! Lots of energy and patience. I have a feeling that this week will teach me patience!

Last night at eucharist the music was lively and fun. I may actually have tonight's Vesper's off musically-I need it! It will be nice to just be. This week end I got to weave on a loom and practiced throwing pottery! VERY humorous with the pottery! Pictures later!

I have a new roommate and she just resigned as a writer for the ElCA. She wrote a book on simplicity that looks intriguing! Off to finish my weaving and to read! The end is coming! It will be an adjustment to return to the real world of cooking, cleaning, and school after Holden! I am so glad I have had this opportunity!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment