Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Coming and going!

Life at Holden changes everyday because people constantly come in and leave. Today, I had to bid farewell to 3 incredible families that I have gotten to know! It is so sad to have to say good bye after getting to know people! Both bus departures brought tears to my eyes. I think leaving in two weeks will be very sad as well.

This week is the Luther Alumni week! WOW! It is great fun to connect with friends from 1980 or so! Yesterday I was scooping ice cream and a woman looked at me and said, "You look familiar!" and she did as well. I asked her name and she was my freshman RA at Luther, not with the Alumni group! In the Cascades, my freshman RA! Crazy and completely random! I love reconnecting! We hope to do a Luther Alumni piece at Friday's vespers-won't that be fun! Ok-bed-It''s been an exhausting week! I'm excited to learn how to throw pottery tomorrow and I get to weave on a floor loom on Thurs. YAY! Oh ya, and Narnia, vespers, ,....the week is going to get easier! YAY! Take care!


Karen

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to read about your experiences, Karen. We can picture exactly where you are and what you are doing. We got to be real fans of the evening ice cream while we were there--didn't occur to us that scooping it was hard work for someone else.

    I wish we could hear you playing at the vespers services, but I will go to the Holden Archives to hear the choir anthems that you mentioned.

    Yes, Holden brings out the best in people, doesn't it? I. too, cried when we said good-bye to people we had only known for a week. But something magical happens there to bind folks together. I am so happy that you are being touched by Holden.

    Love,

    Petey

    ReplyDelete