Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trying again!

Hi!


Trying again to post! It's been almost a week and the experience of Holden Village is amazing! It becomes increasingly difficult to say good bye to people leaving for home! Worship has been funny, serious, contemplative, ...lots of variety! I absolutely loved working with Jane Lien and Bob Scholtz last week! Bob even gave me a quick voice lesson! Probably one of the kindest, most intelligent people ever! Those lucky St. Olaf kids were so fortunate to have worked under him! The choir last week was an incredible experience! Check the Holden Archive to listen to the Wed ot Thursday pm vespers. The anthems were amazing!

The children I work with are a dream. They give me hope for our world! I think I had truly lost some! I know that I'm in an alternate universe at times here....people are nice, accomodating....yup! The children listen and are polite! Even when they aren't happy! I've gotten a new appreciation for those who scoop ice cream and do dishes---ugh! It was exhausting and gross! Really!

It's been hot here almost every day-I suspect that air conditioning will be such a treat when I get home!

The Luther Alumni group comes in tomorrow! I'm excited to see some old friends again! Go Norse! I'll try to post a couple pictures! The internet is really slow! Take care!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment